Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

Talk about Adobe Acrobat PDF reader (Windows only). Acrobat is the de facto standard used to create PDF files, present multiple documents in a PDF Portfolio, and even add multimedia. All in a single file. 

Keywords Adobe, Acrobat, Reader, Windows, Re, unrecoverable, error, occurred, Operation, stopped

Re: an unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped.

Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

AuthorMessage
David_Baynes (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: an unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped.

Robert

Did you solve this problem. I have exactly the same thing when trying to connect to my scanner.

Any further thoughts?

David Baynes
MarkATS (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: an unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped.

Acrobat may not be compatible with your scanner. Can you use the software that came with your scanner? If so, scan to tiff, then convert those files to PDF.
David_Baynes (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: an unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped.

Yes but it's strange because this has only happened since I changed my pc - from a Dell inspiron to a dell latitude. Before it worked fine with the inspiron. Both pc's are runnning Windows xp.
Yes it does scan using the HP software so at least that is one option -but it was very neat to just load the copies in and set it going for a pdf.

Thanks for the input.
David
Andrew_Thomas_Kearns (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: an unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped.

I GET THIS ERROR TOO!!!

It worked for a while and then randomly stopped working. I dont know what changed. Is there any definite fix for this problem?!?!?
Andrew_Thomas_Kearns (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: an unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped.

BTW.. Using Acrobat Pro 7, HP Scanner, and I get that exact error

"An unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped."
George_Levy (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: an unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped.

I get the same error ("An unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped") using Acrobat 7.08 with Windows XP trying to scan from a Brother MFC 7820N. The scanning function works with PowerPoint or by accessing the scanner through the control panel. However it does not work with Adobe 7.08. It did work for a while and then stopped working.
George_Levy (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: an unrecoverable error has occurred. Operation stopped.

I fixed my problem as follows:
The problem was in the firewall of my anti-virus program (Kaspersky) which was blocking Adobe Acrobat from accessing the scanner on the local network. I fixed the problem by removing the block. Go to Kaspersky Anti-hacker (icon in bottom right tray), click on service, application rules and remove block from Adobe Acrobat by modifying the rule from "block" to "allow."

More details on Kaspersky at:

<http://www.iolo.com/customercare/kbarticle.aspx?id=KBA-01277>

Those of you with other antivirus program would have to do the equivalent of the above for those programs.

George
   Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1